Sunday, April 12, 2009

Green and white baby shower...?

I am pregnant with my first and my mom is so excited she wants to start planning the baby shower already. She wants me to pick a theme I like so we can start buying stuff (we have a tight budget it would be better to start early so everything will can be perfect when the time comes). I am having my baby shower April 26th (I%26#039;m due May 25).. I want my theme to be simple green and white.. so i was thinking of different shades and green and white decorations? Like paper laterns and white flowers and things like that. Also the toilet paper game because toilet paper is white or using green string.. is this tacky? Do you have any more ideas..It will be spring and i live in ohio. Im 19 (will be 20 at the time of shower) and i dont really want anything to old fashioned. I dont like anything with ducks..lol.. would white flowers be better than white teddy bears with green bows? What are some cute favors I could hand out? Thanks for anything you can come up with!

Green and white baby shower...?
Green and white sounds nice.. You can give white chocolate teddy bears lollipops ( you can make them) with a green ribbon on the bag with your shower info on them. You can make flower lollipops as well.


What will make the green and white flow even nicer is if you don’t find out what you are having.. If you know it is a boy or a girl, you will be so tempted to lean towards gender specific items which will come in either pink or blue.


If your guests don’t know what you are having, they will bring you mint, white and yellow layette and it will keep the whole flow of the theme.


Off topic.. But keep in mind...Babies do not sleep in their own rooms right away.. They stay in yours in a bassinet or cradle for a couple of months and you do not have to know what you are having to register or set up a room. When you have too much done too soon, it makes your pregnancy feel so slow because you pretty much have everything prepared and nothing to do but wait.


I’m at 31 weeks and have no clue what I am having and this is so much fun and its going by so quick... when my sister in laws had their babies and knew what they were having it was so odd.. We knew the sex, the name...and when she went into labor they called and said..%26quot; I%26#039;m going to have Peter now.. I%26#039;ll call you with the weight%26quot; When my friends did not know it was so exciting waiting to hear it’s a boy or it’s a girl.. You can’t change the sex and you are going to accept and love the baby no matter what so why bother knowing.


Enjoy planning your shower and I think the green and white will be nice..


Congrats!
Reply:I think white flowers with maybe green ribbons tied through them sounds really cute and great. Plus if you%26#039;re on a tight budget teddy bears might over do it, especially if you have to get cheap ones cause they don%26#039;t look right most of the time. I like the flower idea, I think it%26#039;s classy.


Good luck!


-Fellow 19 year old soon to be mommy



loan

No comments:

Post a Comment